How the NBA Can Improve
There is definite room for improvement in the NBA, with basketball arguably the greatest sport ever and the NBA is the best league in sports, why wouldn't we want to try to make it better for the future. The NBA doesn't need a lot of changes and improvements, but it needs some to make the sport fun for the fans and players. This year we seen some pretty amazing things, we had one of the best dunk contests and we'll probably never see another contest like that for years, LeBron still being LeBron with ridiculous lob passes from JR Smith, The Golden State Warriors went 73-9, Anthony Davis had a career high of 59 points, Knicks & Lakers are terrible, Michael Jordan crying becoming the biggest sports meme ever, Karl-Anthony Towns with a tremendous rookie season and Kobe Bryant goes out with 60 points in his retirement game.
Now with the 2015-2016 playoffs here and the season almost over, summer is coming up, and Kevin Durant is free agent target #1, so expect a lot of hot takes, story lines and crazy fans with theories for the upcoming free agent frenzy. Can we all say that we're satisfied with the NBA now?, yes and no, there is still room for improvement and here are some cool ideas for the NBA on but mostly off the court.
On Court Improvements:
- Allow hand check fouls every once in a while, let the game get a little physical.
- Stop giving James Harden ghost foul calls at the rim.
- Call some damn travels, even though it's funny but come on (Josh Smith took 25 steps this season)
- Let players taunt without getting a technical foul.
Off Court Improvements:
- Nike makes all NBA apparel/merchandise again (it's actually coming back in 2017)
- Better broadcasting! (It's 2016 and networks like TNT, NBATV, ESPN, ABC & Fox Sports still broadcasting games in 720p, it's time for 1080p 60fps and 4k Ultra HD)
- BRING NBA ON NBC BACK!
- Make NBA League Pass affordable ($200 is kind of steep, especially if you can't watch your home team cause of a blackout in your area, this is why people stream instead)
- Continue the Saturday Night Prime time games.
- Start showing Hoop mixtape and Drew League summer games on ESPN or NBA TV
- Better NBA All Star game half time performances. (Sting? Really?)
- We need a TV show following the top free agents in the summer.
- Extend the trade deadline.
I'm sure there are tons of ideas for the NBA, I mean LeBron and CP3 are apart of the NBPA so I'm sure ideas get brought up all the time but it's ti,etc now for the NBA to step it up even more.