5 Struggle Foods I'll Never Leave Alone
Maybe this is because at the moment, I am a “starving artist” which is a double entendre. Starving in the sense that I’m hungry in making my dreams come true and that I’m not rich enough to eat the foods I really want. Whatever the case may be, there are foods you just can never turn your back on, especially the ones that have helped you throughout the struggle. I’m going to list my top 5 foods that I will NEVER turn my back on even when I start to see some real money (I’m talking Forbes list). By the way, this is in no particular order.
1. Pop Tarts - Back when Wiz Khalifa was about to drop his mixtape B.A.R (Burn After Rolling) back in ’09, he made a vlog saying how he was never going to turn his back on pop tarts because they were there for him at his toughest times. Now we all know Wiz is seeing that real money and I’m wondering where the pop tarts he spoke so highly about are at bruh? I haven’t seen or heard him talk about it since. How could you turn your back on something you grew up on? We need answers. These are and forever will be amazing (especially the Brown Sugar and S’mores). Even after I’m eating the lobsters and scrimps, I’m going to be having pop tarts for dessert.
2. Cup of Noodles – The struggle meals of all struggle meals as some would say. This is the go to meal when you have nothing, but water and a stove to boil it if you don’t have a microwave (it’s 2016 though so I know majority of us do). Even though this shit is like eating air to an extent it’ll hold you over and humble you during these tough times. My favorite thing to put on this is hot sauce; it’s a must, man. I can’t even trust somebody that’ll down talk this delicacy. Me personally, I don’t like top ramen because of the texture, so the cup of noodles is a damn good substitute.
3. Toast – Another simple meal that you can eat at anytime of the day. All you need is bread, a toaster, and a stick of butter to complete it. Some days this may be all you have. Almost equivalent to the noodles as far as it getting you full, but it wins by a hair because of the starch from the toast and butter. So if I had to choose out of the two that’d keep me from starving to death, I’m picking the toast no questions asked. Toast will have my heart forever and I’ll never think to turn my back on it.
4. Cereal – Now this is when you got your money up a bit because we all know milk is hella expensive out here. Seriously, it’s almost a shame a good carton of milk cost a nickel bag. My main cereal is cinnamon toast crunch. It’s undisputed in the ring, unanimous decision type shit. You ever came home to some bullshit? Food that you just didn’t feel like eating, but now you got options? Buy that Cinnamon Toast and treat yourself, sometimes you deserve it.
5. Water – Yeah I know this isn’t a food, but the real ones know when it literally isn’t shit in the house you’re getting full off of it, 3 glasses easily. Now who would be crazy to turn their back on this? They’d have to be a mad person because this is what we’re made of. Crazy shit is I’ve known people to say they don’t drink water. The keyword in that last sentence is “known” cause they crazy as shit in the wrong way and I just can’t associate myself with heathens like that.
Those were my top 5 and I know you all have your own so don’t come to me saying “what about this?” or “nah man you trippin, this other food is way better.” This is my opinion so deal with it.